UCLA Athletic Director Dan Guerrero believes the campus' Pauley Pavilion, which was flooded with millions of gallons of water this week after a main break, will be ready for use in time for the men's basketball season exhibition opener on Oct. 31, according to a report on Wednesday from The Orange County Register.
The school is still weighing whether to replace the John Wooden Court altogether despite the fact that it had been renovated a few years ago, but Guerrero said he's been told it will be ready to use come Halloween:
"When we saw the flood going down onto the court, it certainly was of concern to us,” Guerrero said, when asked whether UCLA might not be able to play at Pauley Pavilion. “But after getting the water off and getting the experts in, we’ve been assured today that we’ll be able to play in Pauley this year."
SI WIRE: Marquette's Todd Mayo to leave school to pursue pro career
- Marc Weinreich