They say you haven't made it until you have a bobblehead made in your honor. James Franklin, you've officially made it. The State College Spikes, a short-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, is giving away bobbleheads of the new Penn State coach to the first 1,000 fans during the team's Aug. 28 game. This is a team that recently had a Fresh Prince night, proving once again that every sport should be more like minor league baseball.
Now that Franklin has been immortalized, it's time to think a little bit about other coaches who deserve their own bobblehead. The Kliff Kingsbury one is pretty slick (and features sunglasses) and who could forget Mike Leach's, but here are 10 others that need to happen sooner rather than later.
- Les Miles
- Scott Shafer's #hardnosed bobblehead
- Steve Spurrier (he had one when he was coaching Washington's NFL team but needs a shirtless refresh)
- Rocky Long absolutely without a doubt
- Bret Bielema
- Bo Pelini holding his cat
- Mike London in his police detective uniform
- Willie Taggart riding the bus
- P.J. Fleck (the bobble action isn't his head but instead him rowing the boat)
- Kevin Sumlin in the Swagcopter