Four-star TE Chris Clark decommits from Michigan after Hoke's firing
Clark's announcement came several hours after Michigan announced it had fired head coach Brady Hoke, and Clark said he did so because of Hoke's firing and the "unknown" of who will coach the team next. The recruit had said earlier this season that his status could potentially change if Hoke was fired.
From Clark's tweet:
"I love the Michigan family and all the fans and I was planning to be playing in the big house next fall but unfortunately things change and now I will take my officials and figure this all out. I hope everyone respects this decision since I am doing what is best for me."
Clark said he's still "very interested" in the Michigan program.
Clark, rated the No. 67 player in the class of 2015 by Rivals.com, originally picked Michigan over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State and multiple other schools. He was also previously committed to North Carolina.
Michigan has now had eight players decommit from its 2015 class. Four of those recruits decommitted during the season as questions about Hoke's job security intensified.
The Wolverines currently have just five committed recruits for 2015.
Hoke was fired after Michigan went 5-7 this season. He had an overall record of 31-20 in four seasons in Ann Arbor.
National Signing Day is Feb. 4, 2015.
- Ben Estes