Thursday February 12th, 2015

Penn State will receive a full bowl revenue share from the Big Ten starting next season after the league lifted a four-year ban on the school, ESPN's Adam Rittenberg reports.

Following the Jerry Sandusky scandal, Penn State received a four-year ban from receiving a portion of the league's bowl revenues. According to Rittenberg, the school missed out on payments of $2.26 million in 2012, $2.75 million in 2013 and a projected $4.6 million in 2014.

The Big Ten's decision comes one month after the NCAA settled with the school and restored Joe Paterno's 112 vacated wins.

"The Big Ten's original bowl fine was based on NCAA actions, most of which have been rescinded over the past six months," the league said in a statement. "As a result, the [Council of Presidents/Chancellors] supported restoration of Penn State's bowl revenue effective with the 2015-16 academic year."

• Poll shows Pennsylvanians favor restoring Joe Paterno statue

The school was originally given a four-year bowl ban, but that was lifted prior to the 2014 season.

Last week, Penn State president Eric Barron said a possible decision to restore Paterno's the statue is not imminent. A Quinnipiac University poll showed that a majority of Pennsylvanians favored restoring the statue.

Penn State finished 7-6 in its first season under head coach James Franklin. The Nittany Lions defeated Boston College in the Pinstripe Bowl.

• PSU AD apologizes for calling Paterno tribute 'inappropriate'

- Paul Palladino

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.