We’re one week into the season, so for the first time on the SI College Football Podcast, we have actual college football action to break down. The podcast also introduces SI college football writer Lindsay Schnell as a co-host. She’ll be joining Zac Ellis on a weekly basis.
On this week’s episode, Zac, Lindsay and SI’s Colin Becht break down some of the biggest games from Week 1 and preview the marquee matchups in Week 2, including picks for who will win some critical conference and nonconference showdowns. They end the episode with some reader questions.
Here are the games and topics Zac, Lindsay and Colin discuss:
• Alabama 35, Wisconsin 20: Is Jake Coker the right quarterback for the Crimson Tide this season? How much production does Alabama actually need from its quarterback given its strength at running back and on defense?
• Oregon at Michigan State: After both team’s secondaries struggled in their debuts, which is in better shape to rebound in Week 2. How will Vernon Adams handle his first hostile environment as Oregon’s quarterback?
• Oklahoma at Tennessee: How will Baker Mayfield and the Sooners’ new Air Raid attack fare against a Volunteers defense that was beaten through the air by Bowling Green in Week 1? Can Tennessee’s potent running back duo of Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara carry the offense against a solid Oklahoma front seven?
• LSU at Mississippi State: After their opener was rained out Saturday, what can we expect from the Tigers’ offense? Can Bulldogs quarterback Dak Prescott remain a Heisman candidate now that much of his supporting cast from last season is gone?
• With stars like Jalen Ramsey, Everett Golson and Dalvin Cook, why is Florida State flying under the radar? Is Golson a consistent enough option at quarterback to get the Seminoles back to the College Football Playoff?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL: