With conference play now underway, the college football season is starting to take shape. The Pac-12 revealed its favorites for the College Football Playoff in Week 4, and several big showdowns in the SEC, ACC and Big 12 could shake up the race in the Week 5.
While Zac Ellis was off reporting a story, Andy Staples joined Lindsay Schnell on the SI College Football Podcast to break down the biggest results from Week 4 and preview Week 5’s biggest matchups. They then answer some college football and culinary questions.
Here are the games and topics Lindsay and Andy discuss:
• Utah 62, Oregon 20: Did this blowout say more about the Utes or the Ducks? Is Oregon’s run as a top-tier team over or can it bounce back after two early losses this season? How does Utah compare to the other remaining undefeated teams in the country?
• Michigan 31, BYU 0: How has Jim Harbaugh gotten the Wolverines looking so improved so quickly? Can Michigan contend for a Big Ten title this season?
• UCLA 56, Arizona 30: Are the Bruins the toughest team in the Pac-12 South? With the depth of the division, could a two-loss team from the Pac-12 South make the playoff? Could the division put two teams in the top four?
• Ole Miss at Florida: How have the Gators managed to take down Kentucky and Tennessee? Is the Rebels’ sloppy win over Vanderbilt a cause for concern?
• Alabama at Georgia: Is the Crimson Tide dynasty really over? Andy shares his scenario for how Alabama could end up with three losses by the end of October.
• Notre Dame at Clemson: Can the Fighting Irish keep winning despite their terrible injury luck? Is the Tigers’ rebuilt defense strong enough to pull out a tight game?
• Which team that has gotten off to a hot start is least likely to keep it going? Who is destined to lose after a promising first four weeks?
• What is Andy’s favorite gameday food to make?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL: