There’s not much time to rest and reflect after a pivotal Week 10, as the pursuit of playoff berths continues in Week 11.
Barrett Sallee, the lead SEC writer for Bleacher Report, joins the SI College Football Podcast to break down the state of the SEC after Alabama’s momentous 30–16 win over LSU. SI.com’s Colin Becht and host Zac Ellis discuss the impact of the latest College Football Playoff rankings, and Zac and Lindsay Schnell make their picks for Week 11’s biggest games.
Here’s the full list of topics discussed on this week’s episode:
• Is Iowa ranked too high at No. 5 in this week’s rankings? What would it take for the Hawkeyes to make the playoff?
• Which team not currently in the top four has the strongest playoff résumé right now?
• Should Alabama be considered the favorite to win the national title after its win over LSU? How good should we consider the Tigers now that they’ve lost a game?
• Are the Crimson Tide on upset alert vs. Mississippi State? Can Nick Saban’s squad avoid a letdown after their emotional, physical win last week?
• Should Georgia fire Mark Richt? Will Georgia fire Mark Richt? How much blame does he deserve for the Bulldogs’ disappointing season? Where would the Georgia job rank compare to other open coaching jobs?
• What went wrong for Auburn this season? Why was Jeremy Johnson such a flop at quarterback? If Carl Lawson had stayed healthy for the full season, would that have made a difference? Can the Tigers keep the Iron Bowl close or will Alabama blow them out?
• Is there any risk of the SEC getting left out of the playoff?