Designated Read: Bobby loves you
• Bobby Petrino is not good at remembering things, including how he promised to love you forever that one time. A win is a win, and what happened to Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl last January technically never happened, so it's back to slow schools jokes until January next. Bobby loves you, until he doesn't. Never forget that.
• Two more reasons to stay home from ACC games. The conference has inked a deal with Sirius and XM Radio.
• Kentucky has one, too, but it just plays the sad trombone sound over and over. There's an SEC iPhone/iPad app available for free download from the iTunes store, the exact purpose of which escapes us, but OOH SHINY FOOBAW LOOKY.
• LSU losses. The Tigers will open the 2011 season down a starting offensive lineman. In more dire news, a fund has been established to support an LSU cheerleading coach who suffered spinal injuries in a weekend boating accident.
• The rest of the out list. Boise State's Malcolm Johnson: Lost to an ACL injury. Georgia's Bacarri Rambo: Reportedly suspended for the Dawg's date with Boise State. Two Hawaii starters: Suspended on decidedly un-mellow assault charges.
• Are you a sports fan? Have you a pulse? Read One Day In September, if you would.
• The gruffest of gruffs need love, too. Sincere condolences to Mark Dantonio, who lost his father on Monday, and best wishes to the Michigan State football family.
• Tuesday whimsy: Robert Griffin already leads the league in sock choice. Maryland is planning a "spectrum-out," which will in no way end in heartbreak and confusion. Sunny Will Stein is sunny. USC unearths a letter from the past. Schnelly knows where his beat is buttered. Football Study Hall shares some data in a segment they like to call "Data Sharing." One time, Nick Saban was mean to Will Muschamp's mom. And Jaxon Shipley will start for Texas as a true freshman, but who is his roommate?
• CORRECTION. An earlier edition of this publication indicated that Kansas State running back Bryce Brown was in a log flume. Bryce Brown is in a logjam, i.e. fighting for a starting position at tailback, not enjoying an amusement park water ride. We regret the error.