Designated Read: Several 'Canes out
• All they need is the air that they breathe and an eligibility reversal. A whole bunch of 'Canes will sit out Monday's season opener against Maryland, a few will be held out beyond that, and a few won't miss any playing time at all. But stay on your toes: This is so, so far from the end of this investigation. What coaches will be drawn in? And what'd Aldarius Johnson do? Stay tuned.
• The best news of the offseason. Eric LeGrand has recovered sufficiently enough from last fall's paralyzing spinal injury to join his team's radio crew.
• Marcus Lattimore listed as day-to-day with "weird brackets around his head." The South Carolina speedster breaks down film.
• He also "might" wear a visor on the sideline. Stephen Orr Spurrier, rotating quarterbacks? WELL I NEVER.
• Ooh wah-ah-ah-ah! The damnable practice of playing Kid Rock for kickoffs regrettably did not desert Tennessee with Lane Kiffin (like beating Florida, there's always next year!), but check out linebacker Jake Storey's brand awareness: Are those Adidas stripes shaved into his sideburns? Top score, kid.
• Larry Fedora: Attractive AND devlish. Southern Miss. reports secondary violations with cheerleaders! Clutch those pearls!
• Dan Beebe fights the power. Where "the power" means "the free press."
• ICYMI, a reminder: On scootering and its dangers. Know of a scooter-or-moped mishap involving a college football player that's not in our handy database? Leave it in the comments here and we'll add it to the SISII. • Wednesday whimsy: Florida linebacker Jelani Jenkins battles a surprisingly agile cockroach. David Shaw nails the quote of the day. Alabama claims the NBC celebrity bandwagon national championship. This Kansas State target="_blank">video exists, which is about all that can be said. Matt Millen is as good at college football announcing as he was at pro football anything. Puddles quacks it out. Joe Bauserman is fancy. Somehow, target="_blank">this video encapsulates whatever rivalry exists between Alabama and Mississippi State. And now, a dance break with Mike London.