Designated Read: De-Stoops in one easy step
• It's Not Called Feelingsball, Episode XVIII: Who's the polar opposite of Mike Stoops in every way, other than also being a football coach of a defensive bent? Randy Shannon, welcome to the Arizona coaching rumor tilt-a-whirl!
• Expansion "news," grudgingly dispensed: The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big 12 will remain a 10-team league for 2012. Boston College's AD is not a fan of UConn, but is real sorry that everybody knows about ESPN's role in the recent ACC poaching expedition. UCF guns for AQ status.
• Quote of the day, I: "I think the opening line for Oklahoma (–34) at Kansas is exceedingly generous to either a) Kansas or b) Bob Stoops' sense of sportsmanship." -- Matt Hinton
• Quote of the day, II: "Who else would I have to check with? My wife?" -- Luke Fickell, balking at the implication he doesn't have the authority to change Ohio State's offense
• Giveth, taketh: Ohio State DE Nathan Williams (knee): probably done for the year. Texas Tech RB Eric Stephens (knee): likewise out for 2011. Tennessee QB Tyler Bray (thumb): still Tyler Bray. Kentucky RB Josh Clemons (knee): undergoing season-ending surgery. Arizona LB Jake Fischer (ACL): redshirtin'! Iowa State LB Jake Knott (shoulder): would probably play if his arm just fell off entirely.
• Roster dance, all-Gator edition: While Will Muschamp and friends attempt to discern the greater of two inexperienced underclassmen to start at quarterback against Auburn, Dee Finley has itchy feet. • Wednesday whimsy: Seriously, nobody's taking the Oklahoma-Kansas game with the gravity it deserves. See video of Steve Spurrier's Tuesday conniption fit. Suing Butch Davis for his phone records is going to be a lot of fun. Mitch Mustain pops up in the Arena League. And Rick Neuheisel ruins everything.