• Bowltyme! As of Tuesday morning, what I think is a complete list of every school that's officially accepted a postseason invitation, in chronological order:
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Utah State
- New Orleans Bowl: Louisiana
- Poinsettia Bowl: Louisiana Tech
- Armed Forces Bowl: BYU
- GoDaddy.com Bowl: Arkansas State
Think the staff of the Military and Armed Forces Bowls have, like, competing softball teams in the offseason?
• Fresh coaches, bought and sold: Stay tuned to our main coach-canning roundup for updates on the latest major personnel decisions in FBS ball, but just to corral a few stray tidbits: Al Golden's getting paid, as well he should. Urban Meyer will be contractually bound to socialize with his own family. Ron Zook will not coach the Illini's bowl game. Wazzu sounds like a fun place to work about now. A handful of assistants have been booted at UCF.
• Home for the ruptured: Florida's Darrin Kitchens is up and about after sustaining a scary hit against Florida State. RGIII is determined to face Texas. Isaiah Crowell's ankle is on the mend. Two fractured South Carolina players, including Alshon Jeffery, are listed as "probable" for whichever bowl the Gamecocks end up at.
• Roster blotter: At the tail end of November, Texas at last appears to have settled on a starting quarterback. Ryan Katz will leave Oregon State to play for one more year under the graduate transfer rule.
• Quote of the day: "Latest chapter in the supreme comedy of the BCS system: not a single game on the final Saturday impacts title game matchup. Defend that." -- Chris Fowler
• Tuesday whimsy
: Hey, fancy Andy Staples in a vest
! Urban Meyer downplays discipline problems
from his time at UF (Yes, you could call this an "issue
"). Rich Rodriguez dons a new chapeau
. By virtue of LSU playing in white at Death Valley on the regular, viewers will enjoy the pleasant spectacle of home-and-home jerseys
for the SEC Championship Game. And you've never seen helmet stickers used quite like this