FAQ: Hawaii Bowl
The 2011 Hawaii Bowl is just a day away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, check out Zac Ellis' game preview.)
• Where will this game be played? Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET on Christmas Eve. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? The traditional pairing pits the WAC against Conference USA.
• What about this year? It's 11-2 C-USA champ Southern Miss versus the 7-5 Nevada Wolf Pack.
• That does not sound too competitive! It's not. The real winner here is Larry Fedora, who gets a free trip to Hawaii before departing Hattiesburg for the UNC job.
• Who sponsors it? The current iteration is the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl.
• Who will call the game? Mark Jones, Ed Cunningham and Jessica Mendoza get Christmas in Hawaii.
• I want Christmas in Hawaii. Hop on the plane with the Wolf Pack! They've got room.
• Enough about the football. What about the loot? Kind of a crummy array of bowl gifts for this one (mostly athletic apparel, because football players don't have enough of that), but again, these kids are in Hawaii for Christmas, so...
• What wacky activities/mild indignities will bowl participants be subjected to over the course of the week? Tuesday featured something called the "Outback Steakhouse Barefoot Pep Rally," which we have to assume is a hard-fought contest to determine which team's players are brave enough to walk through an Outback Steakhouse with no shoes on.
• Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2011 Hawaii Bowl. The Hawaii Bowl once featured the biggest, baddest, punniest logo of the college football season, but the much-loved pineapple football has been challenged late in its first decade of dominance by a strong showing from the Texas Bowl's belt buckle.Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule.