FAQ: Chick-fil-A Bowl
The 2011 Chick-fil-A Bowl is just a day away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, check out Cory McCartney's game preview.)
• What's all this, then? The game ACC and SEC lifers grew up with as the Peach Bowl is now sponsored by God's House O'Chicken.
• Does Chick-fil-A sell its notoriously fabulous peach milkshakes at the former Peach Bowl, because that would be a really great business plan. Not that we have ever seen, but here's a contact page in case there's anything you'd like to suggest!
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on New Year's Eve. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? An ACC-SEC clash since time immemorial.
• What about this year? Blue and orange all around! 8-4 UVA and 7-5 Auburn get to ring in 2012 in the ATL.
• Who will call the game? Some top-shelf talent from the WWL: Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe are on the scene.
• What mild indignities/wacky activities will visiting teams be subjected to while in town? The CFA Bowl does game week better than just about anybody: In addition to the meat-eating contest pictured above, UVA and AU also went head-to-head in arcade games and with a milkshake-crafting competition:
[slideshow] Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule.