FAQ: Fiesta Bowl
The 2012 Fiesta Bowl is just hours away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, check out Andy Staples' game preview.)
• What's all this, then? Welcome, one and all, to the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, now with markedly less corruption, we think.
• Where will this game be played? Inside a taco salad shell the size of which the world has never known, nestled in an undisclosed location in the Arizona desert.
• For real? No, but Tostitos has been the title sponsor of this game since the mid-90s, so don't think it hasn't been working on that technology. The game will be held, for now, in University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, home of the NFL's Cardinals.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 2. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? The Big 12 champion plus an at-large BCS selection.
• What about this year? Stanford and Oklahoma State, both 11-1.
• Who will call the game? Matt Millen, for some reason, with long-suffering teammates Sean McDonough and Heather Cox.
• What mild indignities/wacky activities will visiting teams be subjected to while in town? Will this video of Mike Gundy riding a mechanical bull suffice? It will, thank you. Any time.
• Are there any safety hazards/heralds of the coming robot apocalypse I should be aware of while attending this game? Not anymore! SkyCam, long mistrusted in this space for its resemblance to the Imperial Viper droid, will be benched for tonight's game after that target="_blank"> now-viral Insight Bowl mishap. Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule.