A lovingly curated selection of our favorite stories from the past week to speed you through your Friday:
A message from the Catlab Foundation For A Better Life.
• We want to party with Wazzu's Bill Moos, who has some thoughts about hiring a head coach:
Moos says candidly that some hires left him scratching his head.
"There's the Charlie Weis deal," he says of Kansas' hire. "He failed miserably at Notre Dame, but, 'By God, he was at Notre Dame.' Down at Ole Miss, they have to have 15 people on a search committee (actually it was five). By the time they get through the introductions on the search committee, all the good coaches are hired. I don't need 15 people sitting at the table. Where are the other 14 when I get evaluated on (the performance of) my football coach?"
• "What if Derek Dooley cussed a lot?" Knoxville's Swain and Rucker Show explores.
• He belongs to the ages now. And the Redskins. Sorry about that. One last sock sendoff for RGIII.
• That's actually not the best photo of the week. But this is!
• Tweet of the week, presented without comment:
Source: San Diego State talking to MWC about reserving spot in revamped league in case Big East doesn't work out.• And now for something completely different. The Big 12 logo in ice sculpture form and a portrait of Bear Bryant in lasers. Your argument is invalid, and have a GREAT weekend.
— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) April 23, 2012