Unfamiliar with Wake Forest's Michael Campanaro, currently a national top-15 receiver in yardage who is averaging more than 125 all-purpose yards per game? This video should fix that, indelibly. [Via @DHPIV.]
• Be warned, these people do make soup from frogs. TCU announced Tuesday that the Horned Frogs will play LSU in the 2013 season-opening Cowboys Classic. They'll presumably face off in prime time, against Alabama and Virginia Tech in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff.
• Osborne out. Nebraska AD Tom Osborne has announced his retirement. From the school's official release:
University of Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne today announced his plan to retire Jan. 1, 2013. At 75, Osborne -- who retired as Nebraska's head football coach in 1998 and who has led the Husker Athletic Department for the past five years -- will step down as athletic director.
On Jan. 1, Osborne will become athletic director emeritus. He will continue to be actively involved in Athletic Department operations through July 30, 2013.
"It has been a pleasure and an honor to work in the Athletic Department for the past five years," Osborne said.
• Oh, good, more of this. We asked this last week, but seriously: Why aren't these coaches just closing practices as general policy? So many schools run closed practices that it's no longer even newsworthy to run down who does and who doesn't. Trying to have it both ways is just goofy.
• We have a tag in our categories list that says "Penn State Fighting Illini" and no actual idea how it got there. Bill O'Brien refuses to trash Tim Beckman on the record, which is wise of him and no fun for the Internet.
• Injury report story hour. Our best wishes to Navy cornerback Jonathan Wev, who's calling it a career after sustaining his third concussion of the year.
• Roster blotter. Georgia, bless it, continues to lead the nation in strange, tiny NCAA violations. Mark Richt butt-dialing a recruit remains our sentimental favorite, but Mike Bobo getting grounded from off-campus recruiting after taking a prospect to a tennis match is pretty good.
• Tweet of the day. Don't take the big guy's snack cakes:
Vols RT Ja'Wuan James on the big gash over RG Zach Fulton's eye: "He took my Zebra Cake, and I busted him in his head."• Misc. Stanford takes viewers the Cardinal's digital playbook technology (not literally, but that innovation can't be far off) ... it strikes us that there is perhaps a need for one national centralized Steve Spurrier bulletin board ... enjoy the intersection of Iowa State football as told in rap ... you can buy tickets to the Little Caesars Bowl starting this Sunday at the Lions-Vikings game ... LSUFreek depicts a rift in death's design ... and Manti Te'o is on the cover of Midwestern issues of this week's Sports Illustrated magazine, which contains new colleague Pete Thamel's first cover story and our first appearance in the magazine ever.
— govols247.com (@govols247) September 25, 2012