Advances in football food; more Designated Reads
This is a 1-pound, half ground beef, half ground bacon burger topped with bacon, peanut butter and jelly. No words. twitter.com/Andy_Staples/s…
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) October 3, 2012
Staples, doing the good work.
• Next food news update of vital importance. None other than the Wall Street Journal measures SEC stadiums' proximity to Waffle Houses, even going so far as to state a measurement in sausage links. We have never felt closer to the WSJ than we do right now.
• Will the Honey Badger return to LSU? A resounding "maybe!" from the Times-Picayune.
• Welp. "According to a study published in the October issue of American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, male non-athletes were more likely than females to increase their alcohol consumption and partying, and decrease their study time, in response to the success of the team." [Via.]
• Today in the Sandusky case. Mike McQueary sues Penn State for defamation.
• Injury report story hour. Georgia announced Wednesday morning that wide receiver Michael Bennett will miss the remainder of the season with a torn right ACL sustained in Tuesday's practice ... Texas running back Malcolm Brown will miss the West Virginia game with a left ankle sprain.
• Schedule matters. Announced games of THE FUTURE: Louisiana-Monroe announces a trip to LSU on September 6, 2014, and TCU and Ohio State schedule a home-and-home we will all hopefully be calling the Little Sisters of the Poor Classic.
• Good question of the day.
@kirkherbstreit why do u get to have one of our new helmets in your office but as a UO player I can't have one when I'm done. Thanks #NCAA• Misc. Behold TCU's purple chrome helmets, to be worn in the Horned Frogs' date with Iowa State ... Boise State fans rev up for Southern Miss with an enemy anagram roster ... new Texas A&M site Good Bull Hunting one-ups William Faulkner ... and Yahoo(!) profiles the myth, the legend and our pal, Terrance Donnels, whom you might know as artist LSUFreek.
— Carson York (@CarsonYork) October 2, 2012