Thursday Night Bites: Weeknight Football (FAQ)
Finally, that blessed time of year where Thursdays fill up with college football. We're sure you have so many questions. And we're here to help, sort of. Kickoff times and TV listings for tonight's action are as follows:
Western Kentucky @ Troy
• What information do I, the discerning consumer, require in order to consume this game? The Hilltoppers and Trojans kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on ESPNU and streamed on WatchESPN.
• What am I watching for here? WKU should be able to run the ball with some ease, but we're really looking forward to seeing the Hilltoppers' defense, particularly Jonathan Dowling, who has hauled in four interceptions in four games played. He'll go up against Corey Robinson and Troy's prolific passing attack.
UTEP @ Tulsa
• What am I watching for here? How many all-purpose yards will Tulsa running back/return man Trey Watts rack up tonight? He's currently averaging 170 per game, tied for 10th nationally in the category. A 200-yard outing seems well within reach.
• What's at stake? The Golden Hurricane are one of five teams undefeated in C-USA play, and Tulsa is the clear favorite to take the West division title. But if there's one team capable of making night games weird for no reason, it's the Miners.
Arizona State @ Colorado
• What information do I, the discerning consumer, require in order to consume this game? The Sun Devils and Buffaloes kick off at 9 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on ESPN and streamed on WatchESPN.
• What am I watching for here? In all probability, another blowout the likes of which Colorado endured two weeks ago against UCLA -- though not of the order of the Buffs' historic September obliteration at the hands of Fresno State. Look for especially unpretty results on offense, where Colorado is allowing close to 4.5 sacks per game. The Sun Devils have recorded 21 sacks in five games.• What's at stake? Arizona State leads the Pac-12 South. We are as surprised as you are. Don't expect that to change tonight; just kick back and enjoy the carnage.