Designated Read: Red Wolves wreck Ragin' Cajuns
• Arkansas State 50, Louisiana 27. Terrance Broadway completed 28-of-39 passes for 374 yards and three touchdowns, but also committed three of the Cajuns' five turnovers during a highly non-competitive home-field rout. Red Wolves kicker Brian Davis accounted for a full 20 of Arkansas State's 50 points, kicking five field goals and five extra points. Ryan Aplin had a 21-of-31, 269-yard, one-touchdown outing; Rocky Hayes and David Oku added 86 and 83 rushing yards, respectively. The Red Wolves improved to 3-1 in Sun Belt play. [BOX]
• Excellent scheduling news. Our absolute favorite kind of scheduling story: Power conference showdown! Oregon and Ohio State have announced a two-year home-and-home series, to be played in 2020 and 2021.
• Roster blotter. Charlie Weis benches Dayne Crist ... Clemson defensive back Jerrodd Williams, who's seen playing time in six games for the Tigers on special teams, is done for the season after breaking his leg in Tuesday's practice ... Southern Miss moves on to its fourth quarterback this season, Arsenio Favor.
• Hey, here's a neat lead. "The Missouri athletics department is tightening employee use of school-issued credit cards after an audit found a series of improper purchases, including bills for more than $7,600 from a Las Vegas strip club." Stewart Mandel has already cut directly to the proper joke for this news, saving you all the trouble:
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas … unless you charge it to your Mizzou-issued employee credit card. arkansassports360.com/88085/mizzou-c…
— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) October 23, 2012
• Cross-conference trolling off the port bow! Is Oklahoma, not Notre Dame, the true cradle of "PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY?" Berry Tramel investigates.
• Quote of the day. An ACC division leader still has yearnings:
#Duke coach David Cutcliffe on #FSU QB EJ Manuel: "I've always dreamed of having a defensive end as big as him"
— Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) October 23, 2012
• Parental guidance suggested. Southern Miss quarterback Anthony Alford's mother was arrested during the Golden Eagles' game against Marshall.
• We are only just now realizing his connection to French verbs. MonTAY is MonTEE again, at least on the field. Cue the Miley Cyrus.
• Redecorating ideas from Eugene lairs.
The mural in the Oregon soccer/lacrosse training room is fantastic (via @danshirley) twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/st… — Brian Floyd (@BrianMFloyd) October 23, 2012