and Miami crushed Virginia Tech Thursday night to stay ahead in the ACC Coastal Division race. (Joel Auerbach/Getty Images)
• Miami 30, Virginia Tech 12. Stop me if you've heard this one before: An ibis and a turkey walk into the bar, and the bartender says: "Wait, so Virginia Tech can't even hang on special teams anymore?" Logan Thomas threw for 199 yards and rushed for 124 more, including a 73-yard touchdown run early in the second quarter. No other Hokie entered the end zone last night, or managed a score of any kind in the entire second half. The specter of an all-Florida ACC championship game looms, unless Duke gets its way. And isn't the possibility of Duke getting its way one of the more purely delightful things about this season? [RECAP | BOX]
• Ohio 45, Eastern Michigan 14. Congratulations to the Bobcats for their best win over a one-win team all season. Derrius Vick is as surprised as we are. [RECAP | BOX]
• Middle Tennessee State 34, Western Kentucky 29. The Blue Raiders and Hilltoppers hit the locker rooms at halftime tied 17-17, and traded scores throughout the final two quarters. MTSU scored the final touchdown, but WKU went down swinging with a safety-producing stop of Logan Kilgore in the final five seconds. [RECAP | BOX]
• Sandusky case update. Former Penn State president Graham Spanier was formally charged Thursday with perjury, obstruction, endangering the welfare of children, failure to properly report suspected abuse and conspiracy relating to his handling of the Jerry Sandusky case. Additional charges were also filed against Tim Curley and Gary Schultz. SI's Michael Rosenberg has more.
• BIG OL' BREAKING NEWS. BCS bowls would consider inviting a two-loss Notre Dame team? WELL, I NEVER.
• Here's one loss Notre Dame is now even less likely to earn. Will Pitt suspend three players, including Ray Graham, after learning they've been charged with assault?
• We've solved the Texas thing. Gary Patterson gave Blake Shelton a TCU jersey! Blake Shelton's first hit single was "Austin"! GARY PATTERSON IS GOING TO REPLACE MACK BROWN. EXCLUSIVE. MUST CREDIT SI DOT COM.
• Roster blotter. Cal receiver Keenan Allen is out indefinitely with a PCL injury ... Oregon State corner Jordan Poyer will be a game-time decision.
• Tweet of the day. Finally, something for Colorado football to be proud of?
Here is an item available for purchase
] ... Bomani Jones has some on Lane Kiffin
... you wanna see something really scary? ...
Bruce Feldman traces the winding path
of Robert Marve's would-be coaches ... honor National Pimento Cheese Awareness Month
in your hearts, and keep it all the year.