Oregon in the top five means we get to post pictures of the Ducks
' mascot all the time. We like it when Oregon is in the top five. (AP)
• Brace yourselves for a largish shock. Alabama tops the AP Poll for the 10th consecutive week, with Oregon holding steady at No. 2. Your BCS top five, in descending order: 'Bama, Kansas State, Oregon, Notre Dame and Georgia. The Toledo Rockets make what we call an overdue appearance in the BCS standings this week, along with UCLA and Northwestern. Dropping out: Boise State (breaking a 40-week streak), West Virginia, Arizona and Oklahoma State. Stewart Mandel updates SI's bowl predictions and ... is that hope for Louisiana Tech we're seeing on the horizon?
• Coach firin' season! No updates to the carousel as of noon Monday, but ominous rumblings are sounding out of Colorado, and we are really enjoying imagining Rex Ryan at Kentucky.
• Injury report story hour. What to make of Collin Klein's Oklahoma State game injury? ... leading Georgia receiver Marlon Brown is finished as a Bulldog after tearing his ACL against Ole Miss, although the program's director of sports medicine indicated Sunday that "a full recovery is anticipated that will enable him to continue his career in the future" ... perpetual South Florida quarterback B.J. Daniels is through with the Bulls after sustaining a broken ankle against UConn ... Arizona's Hank Hobson is out of the hospital ... and Maryland announced Monday the loss of starting MLB and leading tackler Demetrius Hartsfield to a torn ACL, which Patrick Stevens calculates makes five torn ACLs for the Terps this season and the fourth lost team captain in two years.
• Roster blotter. Arkansas linebacker Terrell Williams faces indefinite suspension following a DWI arrest ... all is not well with Marquess Wilson at Washington State.
• Schedule matters. San Diego State has announced a 2013 game with Ohio State, to be played on September 7 in place of the canceled Utah State game.
• Quote of the day. Whatever else you can say about Derek Dooley, he is always, always good for moments like this at least once a week:
• The "bless their hearts" is silent.
Mark Richt would like for his players to do well against Auburn
, if it's not too much trouble.