• With a Champoline, bien sûr. Shutdown Fullback welcomes the 2012 postseason by drinking on trampoline and discussing (sort of) the impending New Mexico Bowl:
A felicitous bowl season to all.
• Oh, you wanted football. Bill Connelly breaks down this weekend's bowl action in New Mexico and Potato previews that contain maths.
• "Actual division names TBD." Time to dredge up all those Ro-Tel-infested, be-Barbasoled threads concerning the infinite list of possibilites that would have made better division names than Leaders and Legends, for redistricting time in the Big Ten is upon us. This will in no way end with heartbreak and nationwide derision, particularly not if they go with that Hunger Games-inspired "inner-outer" arrangement.
• Roster blotter. UNC's Gio Bernard will enter the NFL draft before anything else bad happens to one of his legs. Godspeed, kid.
• Coach-hirin' follies. Eddie Gran will serve as Tommy Tuberville's offensive coordinator at Cincinnati.
• Schedule matters. Jim McElwain will return to Alabama in green and white: Colorado State has booked two paycheck games against the Crimson Tide.
• Tweet of the day, Capital One Bowl is a Perpetual Font of Merriment edition: