Ghosts of college football past; more Designated Reads
• Come back soon, RonP. College football's buyout hero is with the Jacksonville Jaguars now, but does that make a minute and a half loop of him singing on the Jags' video holiday card any less compelling? We say nay:
May your days be merry and bright, and may all your buyout clauses be airtight.
• Can't spell COIN COIN without COI? Oregon will have its Committee on Infractions hearing. Bylaw Blog does a bit of explaining.
• Coach-hirin' follies. Boston College hires its coordinators ... Gary Andersen pulls what we're going to call a Reverse Tommy Tuberville ... we actually met some Oregon fans last year who professed to be "tired of the Rose Bowl," so this is a real phenomenon, however dumb.
• Realignment tidbits, grudgingly dispensed. Big East commish Mike Aresco says "We feel we have a very good league." This is secret code: you cannot spell "FEEL" without "Fresno State and UNLV."
• Just keep calling it "Project X" forever, please. The SEC cable channel: Still coming, in some still-nebulous future!
• Roster blotter. Former USC quarterback Jesse Scroggins signs with Arizona ... Clemson corner Bashaud Breeland will miss the Tigers' bowl game due to injury ... also missing that same postseason contest, LSU punter and Campus Union banner gracer Brad Wing.
• Schedule matters. The 2014 Cowboys Classic will feature Florida State and Oklahoma State. • Misc. Two of Montee Ball's accused attackers have pled guilty ... hear Stewart Mandel on the Solid Verbal ... see Houston's new stadium renderings ... and imagine Houston Nutt pronouncing "Robert Nkemdiche," if you dare.