The 2012 Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For a Beef O'breakdown, click through to R.J. Rico's game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? Why, it's the former St. Petersburg Bowl, sponsored since 2009 by chain restaurant Beef 'O' Brady's!
• Still, with the apostrophes? Still, and that is absolutely the last time we're typing that out correctly in service to this game. Read on for more facts about the Beefobradys Bowl, sponsored by Beefing Brady!
• Did we ever figure out what a magicJack is? We did not.
• Where will this game be played? In the bleak radiance of Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN, with Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Desmond Howard and Cara Capuano on ESPN. The game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Typically, the Big East and Conference USA.
• What about this year? A little Friday night MACtion! The Ball State Cardinals get to spend a December week in Florida instead of Indiana, where they'll face the day-tripping Central Florida Knights.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? You can follow the Beesting Besties Bowl on Twitter right here.
Linemen hoolahoop contest! twitter.com/BeefOBradysBow…
— Beef 'O'Brady's Bowl (@BeefOBradysBowl) December 19, 2012
• What wacky activities will be on offer during bowl week? The Burf Uh Bailey's Bowl's annual Beach Bash features a belly flop contest, hula hooping tournament and, for some reason, a sexy legs pageant for coaches. You can view the carnage in this here Facebook album. Ball State swept the physical challenges this year, with UCF's staff taking the Sexy Legs crown.
• What shiny baubles will be showered on the players? Participants in this year's Boo O'Radley's Bowl will receive, among other trinkets, a "Jawbone Jambox" and that most coveted of bowl gifts, a miniature helmet.
• What's the pick? Stewart Mandel likes the Cardinals, predicting a 37-31 Ball State win. • Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2012 Boffo Bilges Bowl. As always in St. Petersburg, "Fans can enjoy the pregame festivities in The Miller Lite Party Deck, the only on-field hospitality village in all of professional or college football. Fans can sit right behind the team bench and hear all of the hard- hitting action. It will be the only Beef'O' Brady's location where fans can literally be in the huddle and still enjoy all the food and beverage served at this premiere event." Literally? Let's find out! In honor of the famed industry of nearby Tampa, is there a private gentlemen's club in the back of the Miller Lite Party Deck called Mons Beefus? Probably!