New Orleans Bowl: Frequently Asked Questions
The 2012 New Orleans Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to Zac Ellis' game preview.)
• What’s all this, then? The R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl is one of the stabler games in the current postseason field, running on just its second title sponsor since its first year in 2002, and one of the most attractive travel options of 2012, combining hordes of nearby Cajuns with postseason football and New Orleans nightlife.
• Where will this game be played? The Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, home to the New Orleans Saints, Tulane football team and the Sugar Bowl.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at Noon E.T. on ESPN with Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway and Quint Kessenich bringing you the action. The game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Conference USA versus the Sun Belt.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? Right'chere!
WELP since today isn't the end of the world WE'VE GOT A BOWL GAME FOLKS! #RLBOWL #ECU #UL
— NOBowl (@NewOrleansBowl) December 21, 2012
• What wacky activities will be on offer during bowl week? "R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Officials will host the second annual “Friday Night Concert” featuring The Beach Boys and Bad Company with lead singer Brian Howe on Friday, Dec. 21, at 5:30 pm in Champion’s Square." Why is it called the "Friday Night Concert"? Nobody likes a smartass, dear reader.
• What shiny baubles will be showered on the players? Bowl participants will receive Beats by Dre headphones, presumably bedecked in rhinestones of purple, green and gold. • What's the pick? Stewart Mandel predicts a 27-20 victory for the boys from Lafayette.