The 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to Andy Staples' game preview.)
• What's all this, then? Many bowl games are played in the American South. Only one of them is dedicated to fried chicken, and only since 1998. We have never fully understood this. This year's incarnation of the bowl even comes with a heapin' side of poultry-themed sponsor betrayal! J'eggcuse, Monsieur Chapeau!
• When is it on television? Coverage begins this evening at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham and Jeannine Edwards are your scheduled announcers.
• Whom does it feature? The CFA Bowl has matched the ACC and SEC for almost two decades now.
• What about this year? SUSPICIOUSLY HIGH-ENTERTAINMENT MATCHUP FOR A DECEMBER BOWL GAME ALERT: Can the Georgia Dome contain the combined personality forces of LSU's Les Miles and Clemson's Dabo Swinney? We're fixin' to find out.
Hey @shaq - rumor has it you'll be at our game! Is this what you'll be wearing? #Rivalizer lockerz.com/s/272713887
— Chick-fil-A Bowl (@chickfilabowl) December 28, 2012
• What wacky activities will be on offer during bowl week? Atlanta rolls deep when it comes to fattening bowl activities: Among other diversions, players have been treated to a meat-eating contest at a Brazilian steakhouse and the bowl's annual milkshake combine.
Awesome pic sent to me by fighter pilot KC Sullivan. #geauxtigers #LSU #tigernation twitter.com/TommyMoffitt/s…• I will never stop calling it the Peach Bowl. Following bowl season this closely requires a lot of in-with-the-newness of spirit, but what you and your family choose to believe in the privacy of your home is entirely up to you. Can we at least make it so we can get peach milkshakes AT the Chick-fil-A Bowl? Finally, some common ground.
— Tommy Moffitt (@TommyMoffitt) December 28, 2012