The Fiesta Bowl is just hours away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to Stewart Mandel's game preview.)
• What's all this, then? This is the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, the last BCS football contest we'll see before Monday night's championship game. It has a kid brother, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. It sounds like it used to be a pretty fun place to work. How can I become a bowl tycoon? Because that sounds like the best job. The easiest way seems to be by starting a bowl game yourself. There have to be at least two or three stadiums in Florida that aren't already being used for a bowl this week. If we just showed up at one with Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee State in tow and said we were there for the bowl game, would anybody really ask too many questions?
• When is it on television? Tonight's game is scheduled for 8:30 ET, and will feature the top-tier vocal stylings of Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe on ESPN. The game will also be shown on ESPN Deportes and streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? The Fiesta Bowl takes the Big 12 champ, if that team is not in the title game, versus an at-large selection.
• What about this year? Two 11-1 squads in the Oregon Ducks and Kansas State Wildcats.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? It is real, and it is saucy:
@adamcope4 If you invite 23,000 of your closest friends to your house, it will basically be the same thing.
— Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (@FiestaBowl) January 2, 2013
• What wacky activities will the teams be subjected to this week? With the Oregon Duck in town, you never can tell where the day will take a turn, but we're always partial to any bowl week activity involving very large animals:
The @phoenixzoo tiger predicted the winner of the 2013 @fiestabowl between the #KState Wildcats & #Oregon Ducks! youtu.be/oCgRNDgN0pE
— Phoenix Zoo (@PhoenixZoo) January 2, 2013
• What's the pick? For the humans, Stewart Mandel gives the nod to Oregon: "Stanford, the lone team to slow down Kenjon Barner and the Ducks this season, did so with a 3-4 defense. Teams with a 4-3 scheme that had success against Chip Kelly in the past typically had dominant interior linemen. K-State has great ends (Meshak Williams and Adam Davis) and a great player behind them (linebacker Arthur Brown), but it does not fit the defensive formula for stopping Oregon." • Please impart any additional knowledge you may have concerning the 2013 Fiesta Bowl. Did you know ... that this year's matchup will turn the cast of ABC's Modern Family against itself?