The 2013 GoDaddy.com Bowl is just hours away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to R.J. Rico's game preview.)
• What's all this, then? The very last bowl game that's not The Big'n. The MACtion before the SECtion. The amuse-bouche to the swingin' meatball subs of Monday night. We're not great at metaphors. This is the GoDaddy.com Bowl, one of just two remaining college football postseason games named after a d0t-com, and a frankly unworthy linguistic successor to the nicely-cadenced GMAC Bowl that preceded it. But say this for the GDDC: It's unwieldy to pronounce, but has delivered unto us an extremely compelling matchup of non-AQ luminaries. Don't hate.
• Where will this game be played? Ladd Peebles Stadium in Mobile, where the South Alabama Jaguars play their home games. This stadium also hosts the Senior Bowl.
• When is it on television? Nightcap game! Coverage begins at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN, featuring Mark Jones, Brock Huard and Jessica Mendoza. The game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? The Sun Belt and MAC each hold conference tie-ins.
• What about this year? We've got a live one, folks: 11-2 Kent State versus 9-3 Arkansas State in a matchup of two Top-25 rushing offenses. If you're not sick of us hollering about Dri Archer all year, or even if you are, this might be the time to tune in.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? Barely.
• What wacky activities will the teams be subjected to this week? WELL NOW:
Enter contest to win a chance to meet Larry The Cable Guy at the GoDaddy.com Bowl Game #ArkSt bit.ly/TDz3PU
— GoDaddy.com Bowl (@GoDaddyBowl) December 3, 2012
• What manner of shiny baubles will be showered upon participating players? Finally, a useful gift for college students: The gift pack for the Red Wolves and Golden Flashes will include a garment bag. Seriously, how old were you before you thought to get a garment bag? The GoDaddy.com Bowl is preparing our nation's youth of the Sun Belt and MAC for adult life in a way no other postseason college football game can.
• What's the pick? Stewart Mandel: "Newly hired Purdue coach Darrell Hazell has stayed on to coach the Flashes, while Arkansas State's Gus Malzahn has moved on to Auburn. Both offenses should move the ball at will, but Kent State's rushing tandem of Dri Archer (104 yards per game) and Trayion Durham (96.0) will help break a few more big plays than David Oku (85.3) and the Red Wolves." • Please impart any additional knowledge you may have concerning the 2013 GoDaddy.com Bowl. CLICK HERE FOR EXCLU$IVE UNRATED CONTENT.