Happy Tailgating Tuesday, which is not so much "a real thing" as an excuse to post a picture of Bully. (AP)
• Early frontrunner for quote of the offseason, right here. "The only money you're allowed to spend on the recruit cannot be used in the strip club. Diamond or the Twerk Twins might not care what money you contribute to their hairstylist. The NCAA or the state of Florida might." Thanks, Miami Herald!
• If they just left it as a giant gaping crater, it could represent the SEC East's recent record against the West, PAAAOWL. Atlanta's new College Football Hall of Fame is officially under construction, scheduled for completion by fall of 2014.
• Coach-hirin' season! On the West Coast, Mark Helfrich has imported Matt Lubick from Duke to serve as Oregon's passing game coordinator. Back east, Virginia loses offensive coordinator Bill Lazor to Chip Kelly's NFL staff.
• Roster blotter, Aggie edition. Texas A&M quarterback Jameill Showers appears to be wise to the fact that Johnny Manziel will be the Aggies' starting quarterback for a little bit.
• Schedule matters. Oregon and Virginia have booked a home-and-home series ... BYU has had to drop its matchup against Hawaii to accommodate the Mountain West's championship game.
• Tweet of the day. Miami takes an early lead in all-naming with some new additions:
This Ron Prince coaching tree
is a) insanely detailed and b) accompanied by a language warning ... Tennessee should maybe quit firing people
for a little bit, if it can help it ... Mississippi State did not think of this first
and we have no idea why.