By Zac Ellis
Looking to get your spring practice fix? Here's a roundup of some of the best coaching quotes from the past week:
• "They're not going to come out of somewhere, so we've just got to play better with the guys we have, get them better and coach better." -- USC coach Lane Kiffin, on his team’s search for starters at cornerback.
• “I guess that's better than the opposite -- just curl up and, ‘Why did he hit me?’” -- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer on quarterback Braxton Miller, who got in the face of a defensive teammate after taking a hard hit to the ribs.
• “He's going to play. He's going to have a package. I don't think there's any question. That's established. He's a big part of our team.” -- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy on backup quarterback J.W. Walsh’s potential role in the Cowboys' offense.
• “A lot of times teams don’t learn how to not beat themselves. They commit offsides, pre-snap penalties, time on the clock, lined up offsides, illegal formations, whatever. They take away before the play is even started. As a football team that wants to win championships, that would never be acceptable.” -- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, on cutting down on pre-snap penalties.
• "It would be great when [recruits] show up to feel that sense of community. Because I think they feel that here in the football program. We would love for them to feel it outside the football program, too." -- Penn State coach Bill O’Brien, asking the State College community to continue to support the Nittany Lions.
• "I told the players you will define your role on our football team as we move forward. Whether it's in the film room, or on your own or in the weight room or out on the field, our guys have to take control of that." -- Florida coach Will Muschamp, after the Gators' restructured spring game. • “We’re back to where we want to be. Our expectations should be to win every game.” -- Texas coach Mack Brown, on his team’s spring mindset.