Here is Greg Blair
, expressing his feelings about getting to play in or watch another excellent Belk Bowl. (Getty Images)
By Holly Anderson
While you were out living your human lives this weekend, we were licking our Internet thumbs and using them to pick up stray crumbs of tangentially football-related news for your Monday leisure reading. Enjoy?
1. Make a Belkful noise, my soul. In the most crucial offseason development in what has been an already newsy offseason, the 2013 date for America's sweetheart of the postseason has been set. This year's Belk Bowl will kick off at 3:20 p.m. on December 28. Start priming your punning engines now, brothers and sisters: We have a lot to live up to.
2. In second place only because we are sad Frosty no longer strolls among us. Legendary Pacific Lutheran football coach Frosty Westering, 85, passed away on Friday. Chuck Culpepper's remembrance of Westering's life is mandatory reading. Bonus Frosty D-I trivia: One of his granddaughters, former Kansas State basketball player Shalin Spani, is married to one Collin Klein, whom some of you may have heard of.
3. The Nick Saban, Creative Writing Lecturer Hoax. We would pay so much money to sit in on this class if it were a real thing, which, sadly, it is not. (Duh.)
4. More like the Hiding Illini, amirite?? This photo from Illinois' Friday night spring game is worth 1,000 words, or one home loss to Indiana. [Via.]
5. COLUMN: Does Johnny Manziel's desire to win actually hurt him, and by extension his team?? Somebody's going to read this story and write that column this week. You know it. I know it. This person will wear pleated pants as a matter of course, and must be stopped.
700. Wildcats get a little milder.
RichRod's 2013 Arizona offense will be missing a key component with the loss of Austin Hill
, and pointsplosion prospects get a little less pointy. Get well soon, kid.