At this time of year, most big-name college football programs are hassling fans with demands to purchase expensive season tickets -- but not the University of Miami. Some marketing genius at the school has come up with the foolproof plan of asking fans to attend fewer games in 2014, because that totally seems like a strategy without a chance of backfiring.
See, Miami wants more people to attend the Nov. 1 game against the UNC Tar Heels, so the school has decided to create a two-game ticket package, bundling the UNC tickets with tickets to see the Florida State Seminoles. The package has been the subject of a large newspaper ad, the text of which has been transcribed by The Palm Beach Post.
GO TO FEWER GAMES"Go to fewer games," the ad begins. "We hope you'll join us for as many games as you're able," the ad ends. It's a confusing request, definitely, but easily the most perplexing part of the ad is the part where a freakin' hat is considered a $30 value.
Not many teams would tell you to go to fewer games.
Most would try to push a full season package on you, even if that requires more money or more time than you possess.
We are extremely thankful for the support of our Miami Hurricanes season ticket holders, but we understand that a full season of tickets is not for everyone, and that’s OK.
So we created the new Two-Game Mini-Plan to give fans an opportunity to experience the two best college football events in South Florida.
If you identify with any of the following statements, then the Two-Game Mini-Plan may be right for you:
1. I like exciting college football in rocking, sold-out environments.
2. I want to see the Hurricanes play the defending national champion Florida State Seminoles and the preseason top-25 North Carolina Tar Heels.
3. I’m not so sure I can make it to the other 5 home games.
If you agree with the above, here’s why you should strongly consider the Two-Game Mini-Plan:
1. Better seats are available at better prices through the Two-Game Mini-Plan than on StubHub and other broker sites for the FSU game alone.
2. Florida State tickets will not be available to the general public on a single-game basis.
3. We’re throwing in a complimentary Miami Hurricanes hat with every purchase (an added $30 value per plan).
Some people have told us we’re crazy for offering a Two-Game Mini-Plan package that’s THIS good. Our response: IT’S WHAT OUR FANS HAVE ASKED FOR.
If this is something you’ve asked for, call our friendly ticket representatives at 1-855-UM-2PLAN and we will be happy to find seats that you’ll enjoy. Or, if you prefer to go online, visit www.UM2PLAN.com to view a diagram of every open seat available to you.
We are really excited about the 2014 season, and we hope you’ll join us for as many games as you’re able.