It's a crazy world in fantasy football so far. Normally, we have a pretty good idea which teams are going to show up each week and which ones will fold, but that isn't happening.
• Cincinnati has played some good teams tough in their last few games, finally pulling out its first win against a hapless Jaguars team that lost too many studs on the offensive and defensive lines. Do you think
• Don't be fooled by
• You know things are bad in Oakland when the players offer up some of their salaries to entice
• It seems Al Davis is having more flashbacks. This time, he is reincarnating the soul of
• In a surprise move, Dallas head coach
• How many of you believe
What does Quinn's starting status mean for your Cleveland Browns players? Does
• Is it time to bail on
• Rumors out of Detroit are that
• It seems that overall I've done pretty well this year, but I may have to sign up for
• The Hot Seat has been a bit chilly lately, as most teams seem to have settled in for the coming winter months. It's very possible that several lame ducks remain at the head of some NFL teams, and they will be retained until the season is over. One who shouldn't get too comfortable is
• I just wish I'd have kept Brady Quinn, but I can't complain too much. Rookie
• I said early this season that I wasn't drinking Buffalo's Kool-Aid after their 4-0 start. Last week, I weaned myself off the Titans cooler as well, and they just missed their first loss of the season -- a squeaker at home against the Packers. This week, Tennessee travels to Chicago, and I'll again go out on a limb and say the Bears win this one. I'm still not convinced, even though the Titans schedule is pretty soft from here on, with the exception of a big game against Pittsburgh.
• Just to let you know how confident I am of a Bears win, I promised my daughter that if the Titans win, I'll finally sit down and watch a movie she has been begging me to see with her.
Titanic, of course. And no, I don't go in for remakes of remakes. Hollywood's lack of imagination bores me to tears. Give me trucks and guns and stuff exploding and making a bloody mess of things all day and I'm a happy guy. Sitting and watching a boat take three hours to sink while some gushy romance goes on in the background is akin to going to the dentist and getting a root canal, sans anesthesia.
I imagine watching the Oakland Raiders soap opera must be a pretty close second.