Crashing the net
• You have probably heard by now, but if you haven't,
• If you want hot, there is no one on the planet who is hotter than Canucks keeper
• Speaking of Boucher, he has seen more time in net as
• Lighting defender
• Sticking in Tampa, rookie
• The Oilers continue to hold with three goalies on their roster. The original plan seemed to be for the team to go with
• Never one to miss a party,
• Two teams are converting more than a quarter of their power-play chances, and they are the Red Wings (30.9 percent) and the Blues (27.1 percent).
• The Thrashers have allowed a league worst 18 power-play goals leading to the second worst PK percentage in the league at 74.6 percent. The only team with a worse percentage is Toronto (72.6 percent). At the other end of the spectrum, the Wild (92.5 percent) and Blackhawks (90.6 percent) are the only teams operating their penalty kill at better than a ninety percent clip.
• Five teams play four games this week: Los Angeles, Montreal, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Washington. Some names you might want to keep in mind from these quads would include the following.
The Kings keep saying that
Tomas has scored three goals and dished out four assists in his last three games, so even though everyone who has him on their roster is likely playing him, just do yourself a favor and double check that he is active.
In his first game in Philadelphia Carle registered 25:10 minutes of ice time, which included 2:53 of time on the power-play and over three minutes on the penalty kill. With ice-time like that it's only a matter of time before he starts producing points.
Poti scored only two times last year but he already has two goals this season and five points in nine games. Toss is a plus-6 rating, and you have a player who is fairing well even if his upside is limited.
• Seven teams play only two games this week: Anaheim, Atlanta, Calgary, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota and Vancouver.
Don't know if you caught it or not, but the St. Louis Blues have a novel approach to reaching their fans and showing how much they care. The club announced that every Saturday home game the rest of the way will have one lucky Blues' fan selected at random to have their home mortgage paid for four months! How is that for a return on a $20 ticket?