The playoffs are approaching and your team is probably very productive if you're still alive. While you never want to bench your studs in the playoffs, it is equally important to stay on top of the waiver wire. Think strategically. Make moves to block your opponents. Any advantage you can gain could factor into the final outcome. Now is the time to outsmart everyone else. Questions? Make sure to get at me on Twitter @briansflood.
BELLER: Week 14 Player Stat Projections -- Is Tom Brady back for good?
• Tiquan Underwood, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (owned in five percent of CBSSports.com leagues, four percent of Yahoo! leagues and one percent of ESPN leagues) -- Underwood's 108 yards and two touchdowns in Week 12 were probably the best game he'll ever have. His Week 13 follow up produced three catches for 51 yards. Underwood has been a focal point of the offense these days and is a serviceable option for desperate owners.
• Ace Sanders, Jacksonville Jaguars (Four percent, One percent, zero percent) -- Sanders has 26 targets over his last three games and caught eight balls in Week 13. He hasn't scored a touchdown this season, but he's getting too many targets to be ignored for fantasy purposes.
• Josh McCown, Chicago Bears (59 percent, 34 percent, 15 percent) -- In his last two weeks, McCown has thrown for 707 yards combined. His weapons are arguably the best in the NFL, outside of Denver, and a Week 14 matchup with Dallas could be a shoot out. Expect another big game from McCown this week and don't be afraid to roll the dice with him in the fantasy playoffs.
Our fantasy football experts reveal their season MVPs and LVPs in the weekly roundtable
• Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams (55 percent, 58 percent, 69 percent) -- Tight ends have been thriving against the Arizona Cardinals. Last week Zach Ertz torched the Cardinals for 68 yards and two touchdowns. The Rams travel to Arizona this week and I expect Cook to find the end zone.
• Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers (14 percent, nine percent, one percent) -- Sixteen targets and two touchdowns over the last three weeks puts Green on the fantasy radar. He's still technically behind Antonio Gates on the depth chart, but he plays enough to warrant fantasy consideration.
• Your competition's handcuff -- The running back position doesn't feature a standout pickup this week. Luckily, playoff fantasy teams are typically steady at the running back position. You got to the playoffs being savvy on the wire, so why stop now? Look at the roster of every team in your league's postseason. If an owner doesn't have the direct backup to his best running back, this is your chance to gain a competitive advantage. Pick up that player and maybe you'll get lucky. Say, for example, LeSean McCoy is on the roster of a team in your playoffs and gets injured in Week 14. Then you face that team in Week 15 with a spot in the Finals on the line. Wouldn't it be nice to own Bryce Brown? This adds to your depth and cripples your opponent at the same time.
• LeGarrette Blount, New England Patriots (17 percent, seven percent, 15 percent) -- With Stevan Ridley inactive last week, Blount received 12 carries for 44 yards and a touchdown. Regardless, don't ever trust a Patriots running back in a big spot for fantasy purposes. You don't want Blount starting for you at this point in the fantasy season, but he's a largely available warm body if you're desperate.
• Willis McGahee, Cleveland Browns (20 percent, 13 percent, 13 percent) -- Similar to Blount, it's a bad sign if you're starting McGahee in Week 14. He had 14 carries for 57 yards and a touchdown in Week 13 and should receive a similar workload this week at New England.
MORE WEEK 14 FANTASY FOOTBALL CONTENT:
GONOS: Start 'Em, Sit 'Em -- Get an edge in your playoff matchup
SI STAFF: Player Rankings -- Peterson could struggle against Ravens run defense
BELLER: Analyzing the fantasy implications of a 9:30 a.m. ET kickoff in 2014
EDHOLM, MIGLIO: Bold Strategies -- Rod Streater faces strong matchup
McQUADE: Risers, Sliders -- Spiller finally comes through for his owners
BELLER: Early Week 14 Fantasy Advice -- Making sense of huge performances