Fantasy football Waiver Wire: Jennings thriving with Cassel's support
Even though we are in the final week (or second-to-final week, in some leagues) of fantasy football, there are still players available on waivers that could swing the results of championship games. Here are our best finds of the week.
• Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings (47 percent, 60 percent, 90 percent) -- Matt Cassel brings out the best of Jennings; case in point -- in Week 15, Jennings caught 11 balls for 163 yards and a touchdown. Don't expect 11 catches against the Bengals this week, but Jennings is a terrific WR3 with Cassel expected to start once again.
• Andre Caldwell, Denver Broncos (zero percent, one percent, one percent) -- Caldwell did a fantastic job filling in for Wes Welker, who missed last week's game with a concussion -- he went six-for-10 for 59 yards and two touchdowns. If Welker is out again, Manning will seek out Caldwell.
• Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills (11 percent, seven percent, five percent) -- Woods is a nice option if you're desperate for a WR3 this week. The Bills have nothing to lose by feeding their young receiver the ball and he's been targeted 11 times in the last two games. Pencil Woods in for about five catches for 50 yards against the Dolphins Week 16.
• Matt Asiata, Minnesota Vikings (Owned in 10 percent of CBS leagues, seven percent of Yahoo! leagues and one percent of ESPN leagues) -- Those who plugged Matt Asiata into lineups Saturday night or Sunday morning were pleasantly surprised by his three touchdowns in Week 15. However, don't expect as productive a repeat performance in Week 16. Asiata didn't look strong when he wasn't scoring touchdowns. Still, he's worth considering if he gets another start.
• Jordan Todman, Jacksonville Jaguars (25 percent, 19 percent, two percent) -- With Maurice Jones-Drew sidelined, Todman rushed for 109 yards on 25 carries. The UConn product has the talent to thrive if he gets ample carries, but don't start him if MJD is active.
• Edwin Baker, Cleveland Browns (Zero percent, zero percent, zero percent) -- The Browns plan on giving Baker an extended look in Week 16, likely 15-20 carries. Baker should improve upon his eight carries and 38 yards from Week 15.
• Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins (18 percent, 11 percent, three percent) -- Cousins, who threw for 381 yards and three touchdowns in his first start of the season last week, faces a Dallas defense this week that made Matt Flynn look like Peyton Manning in Week 15. He should have a huge game in the fantasy championship.
• Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars (three percent, one percent, one percent) -- Lewis has scored a touchdown in three consecutive weeks. He'll become a fantasy playoff hero if he can make it four straight against the Titans in Week 16. He's Chad Henne's favorite target in the red zone, and has emerged as a viable fantasy option.