Less than 24 hours after Kim Couture withdrew from a scheduled fight with Meisha Tate at SHO MMA: Strikeforce Challenger Series, a replacement is in the works.

Sarah Kaufman on Thursday afternoon told MMAWeekly.com negotiations were underway to step in for Couture at the May 15 event.

Strikeforce officials and Kaufman's representatives have agreed to the match-up, and contract details are being ironed out, said Kaufman.

Kaufman, currently undefeated in MMA with eight professional wins, was one of the contracts acquired by Strikeforce in a purchase of ProElite assets last September. She made her first post-buyout appearance last week at Palace Fighting Championships: Best of Both Worlds 2, where she stopped Sara Schneider with strikes in the second round.

A strong striker, the Victoria, B.C., native said she was prepared for wherever the fight went.

"She's known as a wrestler, so I expect her to be doing that," said Kaufman. "But she might not. She might strike with me, and that's fine as well."

The up-and-comer series will hit the Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif. and will be headlined by a lightweight showdown between Billy Evangelista and Mike Aina.

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.