During a pair of radio appearances on Tuesday, UFC president Dana White said that he does not think fighter Conor McGregor will really retire.
“I do not,” White told Colin Cowherd, when asked if McGregor was really walking away from the sport. He said that he expected McGregor to fight again with the company.
McGregor tweeted on Monday that he was walking away from the sport before he fought Nate Diaz at UFC 200. After the tweet, White announced that McGregor had been pulled from the event.
Speaking to Jim Rome on CBS Sports Radio, White also denied a report that McGregor’s exit was over money, and that the 27-year-old wanted $10 million for UFC 200.
“That’s a flat-out, disgusting lie,” White said.
Diaz defeated McGregor, the current UFC welterweight champion, at UFC 196.
– Kenny Ducey