Nate Diaz alluded that his UFC 200 fight with Conor McGregor has been canceled, after tweeting that he is going on vacation.
Diaz told reporters at Friday’s press conference that he still wanted to fight McGregor or may go on vacation.
McGregor was initially scheduled to fight Diaz at UFC 200 on July 9, a rematch of his loss at UFC 196 earlier this year.
“I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don’t have too much interest in anyone else,” Diaz said. “I’m training to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 200.”
UFC president Dana White said on Friday that the plan was to find another matchup for Diaz.
“Everybody knows what’s been going on with the main event for UFC 200,” White said. “Nate Diaz will fight, and we’re gonna find him a new opponent.”
White added that every opportunity was presented to McGregor to be present at the press conference to promote the fight. McGregor responded on Twitter.
Everyone flew in. Respect.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 22, 2016
But not everyone up there made the company 400million in 8 months.