Scout's Notebook, Week 17
• The Giants effectively used an assortment of five-man zone dogs to get consistent pressure on
But credit the Patriots for adjusting to the scheme by calling more bubble screens to
• Despite the loss, the Giants' offense should enter the playoffs full of confidence buoyed by
• While the Browns are the only team with a 1,000-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers this season, the key to their success has been the surprising play of their offensive line. Since giving up six sacks in the opening game of the season, the Browns' front five (J
• With most teams playing backups and young guys during the final week of the season, it was not surprising to see four kick return touchdowns on Sunday. Led by the Texans'
• After spending the majority of the season adjusting to
• The Bears' offensive line up has shown more explosiveness since
• The Redskins' defense has been on fire the past three weeks since adopting a more aggressive approach. Relying on more blitz-man coverage than the two-deep scheme employed earlier in the season, the Redskins have forced seven turnovers in the past three games.
• The Cowboys' offense continues to struggle without
• After struggling for most of the game as a pocket passer,