Just wondering, but ...
• If the Patriots routinely video-taped their opponents' signals dating from the start of New England's
You know the one I'm talking about. In it, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations,
Not a lot of wiggle room there, is there? If Belichick read that and still thought he could make his case for the legality of his team's taping, he probably thought
• When exactly did
• How glad these days do you think University of Southern Cal offensive coordinator
• Any chance
My guess would be no, on the premise that New England's linebacking corps is as veteran as it's going to get. Health is another issue that doesn't seem to work in Thomas' favor.
On the flip side, I'd say that
• Does anyone know if
• Was Jets defensive coordinator
And that's the way that works sometimes in the game of musical chairs that is the NFL coaching ranks, dear readers.
• Would anyone be surprised if the whole
• Anyone keeping track of the fact that only three of the past 21 NFL head coaching vacancies -- covering '06-08 -- have been filled by an African-American, with really a net loss of one in terms of minority representation in the past two years?
The way I figure it,
There remains six black head coaches in the NFL: Chicago's
• Can you imagine what
And with that, eHarmony.com has come to the NFL.
• Which new head coach has the best chance to be a first-year success story? It's early in the game, and the personnel acquisition season could change this dramatically, but my rankings would start with John Harbaugh in Baltimore holding a slight edge over
It's not going to be easy. The Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens were a combined 10-38 in '07, with the Redskins going 9-7 and making the NFC playoffs as a wild card.
• What kind of crowd does