The Dean's List
• With last night's defeat of UNC, the Fresno State Bulldogs secured a place in the national championship and became the first No. 4 regional seed to ever advance to the College World Series.
• For the last month, all the noise out of Bloomington has been about the sorry state of the Hoosiers basketball program -- starters transferring, players flipping out on the coach, sanctions looming. But if you look closely enough, you'll realize that coach
• Just as your mom should never be your sex-ed teacher, so your father should never be your football coach. Ask quarterback
• Kansas guard
• Mom never liked the word "sucks." She thought it was too strong, unless of course we were talking about Duke's football team. Then "sucks" was an appropriate verb. (Proof: a 6-45 record over the last five seasons.) Fortunately for the Blue Devils, their lawyers perform much better than their football squad. The University of Louisville sued Duke for $450,000 after Duke's football team backed out of a four-game contract with three games still remaining. (The Blue Devils lost the first game 40-3. Gee, wonder why they didn't want to play the other three...) Duke argued that the contract called for a monetary penalty only if Louisville could not arrange a game with a "team of similar stature" and, since Duke is the worst team in D-I football, any replacement would do. Last Wednesday, Judge
• Here's one of those sad stories that requires no commentary. Former Binghamton University basketball player
• Recent flooding in the midwest has caused millions of dollars in property damage, and Indiana's Memorial Stadium didn't escape the deluge unscathed. Last Thursday, workers began to dig up and repair the turf of the 48-year-old stadium after heavy rains washed out the gravel foundation underneath the field and created a sinkhole in the south end zone. Replacing the field could cost as much as one million dollars. That's a lot of money for a team that has only won three bowl games in program history and one since 1991. Now, the Dean's List doesn't know much about engineering, but a million-dollar sinkhole? It better be deep, or at least as deep as the pockets that are funding its repair.
• Need further proof that the NBA's draft rules are ridiculous? Arizona recruit