With the start of all the training camps and actual football games coming soon to our televisions, I feel like an excited kid on Christmas morning. Seeing as how it is the 25th of the month, I thought I'd play Santa Claus and give each team a little present before the start of the season.
Got your own idea of what teams need? Feel free to send them along.
Everyone knows Hester deserves a raise, but the club does hold his rights, and allowing himself to be fined is plain stupid. He attended the OTA days, which were voluntary, and skips the training camp, which is mandatory. Now that is really stupid. Make a statement when it does not cost you money. And if the Bears don't make him pay those fines when he returns, they will have 10 guys holding out next year.
• Pittsburgh head coach
• From the
Tampering is very hard to prove in the NFL. We all may work for different teams, but we all have friends on different teams. I don't doubt that Childress and Favre may have talked, but it might have been about their families and not all football.
• From Raiders coach
Why can't the Raiders just cut LaMont and move on? Why does it have to be so difficult? Everyone in the NFL knows he is going to get cut and no team seems to be willing to trade for him.
• If I worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, I would make sure I had a period every day in training camp to stimulate the speed and quickness of the Houston Texans running game. Pittsburgh's running game is not similar to Houston's and the Steelers have to find a way to get ready for the speed of the game on opening day.
• If I worked for the Cincinnati Bengals, I would prepare and practice during camp for every new blitz and scheme concept coming from the Baltimore Ravens, their opening day opponent. The only time to really practice and prepare for a blitzing team is during camp and not the week before. The Ravens will be much better on defense this year.
• If I were a fan of any team, before I made a determination, either positively or negatively about my team during the preseason, I would make sure I knew who was on the field for BOTH teams during the games. Depth charts and level of competition are the key factors in determining the quality of your team in the preseason.
• If I played fantasy football, I would take running back,
• If I were any team playing the Miami Dolphins late in the year, I would be worried. The Dolphins will be a fundamental team, sound in their technique and less scheme driven. Teams driven by fundamentals improve week in and week out in the NFL and are the most difficult to play in November and December. Remember, Miami lost six games by three points or fewer in 2007.
No one was more inspirational and influential in my life then the late great 49er head coach