Daily Briefing, Aug. 13
• Here comes the biggest test of the Games: Can NBC survive without
Look for the Americans to key on guard
"Greece is rugged and fearless and of course the winner over most of these guys in the semis of the Worlds in Japan two years ago," says
• At the Water Cube the finals include the men's 200 breaststroke (10:03 p.m.), the women's 200 butterfly (10:42 p.m.) and the men's 100 free (10:49 p.m.), where
The evening swimming session, which begins at 6:30 a.m. ET and is all prelims, is loaded with
• The U.S. men's water polo team looks to avenge its loss to Serbia in the gold-medal match of the '08 FINA World League Super Final as the two teams meet at 10:50 p.m. in a preliminary match. Nearly 12 hours later (10 a.m.), the U.S. men's volleyball team looks to extend its record to 3-0 against Bulgaria at Capital Indoor Stadium. The winner will take the lead in Pool A.
• Two games, two no-hitters. Will anyone get a hit off the U.S. softball team? Canada takes its shot at noon at the Fengtai Softball Field.
• Wrestling finals include men's Greco-Roman 84kg, 96kg and 120kg.
The U.S. went gold (
"Now I'm going to put all my energy into it, fighting this battle. I'm going to attack it the same way I did swimming and I'm going to get it the hell out of me."
"I have no proof that they are underage, but it could be, as one of the girls has a missing tooth. If it's true, then it's unfair. Three of the girls look so ... oh la la."