The Dean's List
• What would you sacrifice for your team to win? Your vocal chords? No doubt. Your liver? You do it every weekend. But how about your knee? That's what Notre Dame coach
• If I were to ask you which active men's basketball coach has the most wins in the NCAA, would you answer
• There might be no crying in baseball, but it's not really an issue in football.
• If there's a problem with football in the fall, it's that the game can become all-consuming. I know this because the dainty form of my posterior is permanently molded into my girlfriend's couch. Sometimes, I forget about other sports but, as
• Your college's football team just pulled off the biggest upset in school history. Life is good. It's time to celebrate! Maybe not. After East Carolina smacked West Virginia around like an ugly step-child, the ECU students rushed the field in celebration only for over-zealous police to brutalize them. The state of North Carolina is investigating the incident.
• It's got to be nice to have
• It's too bad that after a week in which Duke announced the basketball team's three captains and pulled off a rare victory on the football field, the big news coming out of Durham concerns
• If your team can't score a touchdown in 60 minutes of football, does it deserve to be considered a top 10 team? That's debatable. Auburn beat Mississippi State 3-2 on Saturday and is currently ranked 10th nationally. I know what they say, defense wins championships, but that's only true if the offense can score a touchdown every now and then. And Auburn was unable to do just that against the Bulldogs, going 3-16 on third-down conversions. Wait. I lied. The Tigers did find the end zone once. Mississippi State's only points came when Auburn center