The Dean's List
• I've got a friend in Philadelphia whose ultimate compliment is "dirty dog." Considering Connecticut running back
• We've got a warehouse full of investigators trying to figure out the last time (before Saturday) both Duke and Northwestern won conference games in the same week Florida, Georgia and USC all lost theirs. So far, no luck. Chances are it's never happened before. One thing's for sure, it most certainly hasn't happened since 2004, since that was the last time Duke actually won an ACC game. But it sure happened Saturday. Northwestern came back from a 17-3 deficit to beat Iowa and Duke exploded for 28 second-half points to beat Virginia. All of this while Florida fell to Ole Miss, Georgia lost to Alabama and USC succumbed to Oregon State. At 5-0, the Wildcats are off to their best start in 46 years and the Blue Devils, normally the tackling dummies of the ACC, haven't kicked off a season this well since 1994. Get me out of this rabbit hole.
• It's rare to have one notable amputation in a month, but two ... that's virtually unheard of. Yet that's what's happened this month in college basketball. First, former Oklahoma star
• All things considered, the three Oregon football players who crashed their car while street racing last weekend were lucky to have escaped with only 75 stitches, a concussion and a bruised elbow. Linebacker
• The SMU women's basketball program deserves its own reality TV show. According to a lawsuit filed by former guard
• While the NCAA has been catching heat for failing to bust major men's basketball and football programs, that doesn't mean it's lacking vigilance in other sports. Take Arkansas' track and field team, which has won 40 national titles since 1984. The NCAA stripped the Razorbacks of their 2004 and 2005 national titles for infractions involving
• Georgia just didn't show up for its Saturday showdown with Alabama. There's no other way to explain the Bulldogs' 31-0 halftime deficit. So the question has to be raised: How can the No. 3 team in the country not come prepared for its biggest home game of the season? Maybe it had something to do with the Dawgs' motivational speaker. During the Bulldogs' practice on Thursday, coach