Caps have demoralized Rangers
Random observations in the wake of Washington's series-tying 5-3 win over New York on Sunday.
• Game 7, here we come. After watching the Caps take just 20 minutes to completely demoralize the home team with their speed and desire, is there anyone out there willing to put money on the Rangers saving face on Tuesday night? Didn't think so. The team that's been outscored 9-3 in the last two contests looks exactly like the one that barely held on for a playoff spot, while Washington finally is playing like the squad that posted the second-best record in the Eastern conference.
• Coming into the series, the Rangers counted on
• Nice to see
• If anyone on the Rangers deserves a sleepless night, it's
• Based on today's lackluster performance, it's safe to say that a neutered
• Give stand-in head coach
• When the Rangers sent a second rounder at the deadline to Toronto for winger
• Not that he'll be missed, but the Caps shouldn't count on
• During his post-game press conference, Schoenfeld accused
• Lousy day to be a fan of the Boston Bruins. It was less than 48 hours ago that a second-round tango with the Rangers seemed inevitable. Now, with momentum firmly behind the Caps, it looks as through the B's will get the Penguins or Hurricanes in the second round. Either is a winnable series, but hardly a free pass to the conference finals like the Rangers would have provided.