Vonn keeps winning; Beijing v. London for 2015 T&F finals
• Not only will they be compared for their ability to host Olympic Games and to make tea, but Beijing and London will go head-to-head for the right to stage the IAAF world championships in Track & Field for 2015. If Beijing wins, the championships will be held at the acclaimed Birds' Nest stadium that hosted track at the 2008 Games. If London wins, the events would be held at the Olympic Stadium being built for the 2012 Olympics.
Vonn's 33rd career title on the world cup circuit passed teammate
Other men's event title winners included: Cuche (downhill), Canada's
• As expected, U.S. luge doubles teammates
• With little fanfare, a U.S. track record that lasted nearly two decades fell over the weekend at the NCAA Indoor Championships in Fayetteville, Ark.
• The Paralympics opened last week in Vancouver with a stirring tribute to
Former Prime Minister Trudeau greeted him along his journey and championed his cause. Pope John Paul said a special prayer for him during one of his masses. Races, parks and roads have been renamed in his honor and a postage stamp bears his likeness. Contributions in his name have exceeded half a billion (yes, with a B) dollars. During the Olympics, his mother,
• After his disappointment at the Olympics in Vancouver last month, Canada's
• Granted, medal hopes were slim higher for U.S. cross-country skiers in Vancouver, but the team didn't wasn't among the 11 nations that came away with medals and was far off the podium in a number of races. But this weekend,