This is the big week for offenses. After Week 3 you can start to tell which are going to be consistently good and which are going to struggle. You need to start figuring out who's going to consistently put up points and focus on players from those teams.
• So far it's clear that Houston is for real. The Texans have had success with both the run and the pass and it's clear that they have a lot of firepower. After last week you have to believe in the Colts, too, and seeing the Chargers firsthand I can say that they have some weapons. Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates and Malcom Floyd -- those guys can play.
• Another emerging team is Atlanta. Matt Ryan seemed like one of those guys who would be a solid but not spectacular fantasy pick, but he's creeping up. He's definitely a guy who's going to have big games. Losing Jerious Norwood hurts, but Jason Snelling looked good and would make a smart pickup if he's available on waivers.
• As far as guys I like this week, I think Shaun Hill in Detroit is a good choice if you need a QB. He's going to throw those little dump-offs to Jahvid Best and those fades to Calvin Johnson and those are going to gain a lot of yards and a few points. I also like Charlie Batch of the Steelers. They're obviously going to focus on running the ball, but they will have to throw and Batch is a very capable guy. Another smart move might be to pick up Jimmy Clausen of Carolina. He's going to get the start, and he's got Steve Smith as a target. It might be nice to grab him now and watch him grow over the season.
• I'm still high on Matt Forte -- he's scored a touchdown a week so far -- and even Jay Cutler could be a good play. That Chicago-Green Bay game is going to be an interesting one. I think it'll either be very high-scoring or a total defensive struggle, nothing in between. You can either bet on the offense and play those guys from either team or bet on the defenses. Someone's going to win big on that gamble.
• In general, the defenses that look the best to me have been Pittsburgh, Baltimore and the Jets. Those teams are really flying around and making things happen. And the Colts looked good last week. If they can keep it up, they're a consideration, too.
• A lot people are panicking about me, but they shouldn't. My numbers are down a little, but our offense usually starts slow and then picks up. We have a tough game in Philly this week, but there are some things we should be able to do. I'm looking forward to it.