Morning Jolt: Arenas won't receive lifetime ban
With a lot of questions to answer about his delivery and mechanics, not to mention learning to take snaps under center, the Senior Bowl was going to be tough enough for University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow. But he's also sick. According to Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, Tebow was hospitalized Monday night getting treatment for strep throat. "He's been sick for two days," Sexton said following Tuesday afternoon's practice. "He had a 103 temperature." Tebow botched one center exchange during 11-on-11 drills. He threw a couple of near interceptions late in practice, but made some nice throws on the move, rolling to his left. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) Comment
Though the Heat will consider making a trade offer for Amare Stoudemire, we hear that Miami considers another impending free agent, Chris Bosh, to be the better defensive option, which is important to the Heat. A friend of Stoudemire said he has a residence here and would consider Miami this summer if Phoenix doesn't keep him. (Miami Herald) Comment
Roger Federer survived a slow start, and the shadows, to reach the Aussie semis (Mark Dadswell/Getty).
It's hard to beat the view from the top.
- SI Vault: More Gretzky
- 1984 -- The Los Angeles Kings end Wayne Gretzky's NHL-record scoring streak at 51 games.
- 1973 -- The UCLA men's basketball team wins its 61st consecutive game, setting an NCAA record.
- 1967 -- The New Orleans Saints sign their first player, kicker Paige Cothren.
- 1956 -- The New York Giants stop playing games at the Polo Grounds.
- 1927 -- The Harlem Globetrotters play their first game.